Sunday 11 August 2013

Why I Can Relate to Sheldon Cooper - Being Accurate

I know how annoying it is to have someone constantly correcting your mistakes, I also know how annoying it is to have someone constantly nagging about the inaccurate facts. I knew this years ago, but it is Sheldon that makes me realize how annoying (yet funny) is this habit and I'm now consciously trying to suppress my urge to correct others in my daily conversation.

However, my colleagues will tell you how I fail from time to time, and how not funny I am when I do this. I just love being accurate. I even love to have someone else corrected me so that I learn another new facts. The only problem I have is, how could I make it as funny as Sheldon?


Example 1: Captain hook's hand was eaten by a crocodile not an alligator. If you're going to insult me at least get your facts straight.




Example 2: Where exactly does the half-sandwich come from? Are you giving me half of someone else's sandwich, or do I have to wait for someone in the restaurant to order the other half? (To be honest, I have the same question when I first visited USA too!!)



Example 3: 
Penny: I give up. He's impossible!
Sheldon: I can't be impossible; I exist! I think what you meant to say is, 'I give up; he's improbable'. 




Why I Can Relate to Sheldon Cooper:




No comments: