Monday 17 March 2014

Onsen Tamago DOE - SBR3

I think I can finalize my "onsen tamagao using tools available in the office" recipe.

Method:
1. Fill the kettle with about 1.7l of water
2. Boil the water
3. Wait for 3.5 minutes for the water temperature to drop.
4. Slowly and carefully place 2 eggs into the boiled water using spoon.
5. Wait for 8.5 minutes to take out the eggs from the hot water.
6. Place the eggs into a bowl of ice water after take out from the kettle.
7. Let the eggs sit for a while in the ice water before peel.
Results: The yolks are creamy runny, and the white are soft and springy. Exactly how I want my onsen tamago to be.

Problem: I still cannot peel the eggs nicely. I think I still need to eat a few days of onsen tamago before I can master this skill :)

No comments: